Whether their abortion trauma was one month or thirty years ago, millions of people are experiencing pain and regret. Maybe they have never told a single soul, but “it” changed them, and they carry the invisible wound deep inside.
And it is not just the woman who had the abortion. The hurt ripples out to the fathers of the babies, the grandparents, siblings – whole families are affected.
Symptoms may include:
- Guilt, anger, and depression
- Isolation and fear of others knowing
- Grief and frequent crying
- Destructive and compulsive behaviors
- Relationship issues
Healing is a journey that begins with:
- Bringing the secret into the Light
- Facing the guilt and shame
- Receiving and giving forgiveness
- Acknowledging and grieving the loss of that child
The National Memorial for the Unborn provides the tangible closure to that grieving process.
We network with many organizations both local and national that offer a variety of healing formats such as in-person and online studies, small groups, Bible studies, retreats, and private counseling. We encourage everyone who has experienced the trauma of abortion to seek out help. You are not alone and there is deep healing available.